December 15, 2014
2014 has been Net Virtue’s best year, and we don’t intend on slowing down for 2015 and beyond. Our team has gone above and beyond this year to really set ourselves as a major player in the Australian hosting industry, in a short 1 year timeframe we’ve managed:
– Completely re-design our website and logo.
– Rebuilt nvArea from the ground up with complete mobile optimisation.
– Migrated all customers to our new cloud platform based on pure enterprise storage.
– One of the first to implement an outbound mail filtering solution within cPanel and automated mitigation of authenticated relays.
– Re-introduced Live chat with additional staff members and extended hours.
– First to implement hourly backups on Business hosting for our business customers.
– Tripled our revenue in 12 months.
Next year we have a lot more in-store however, with major company structural changes, expanding our team and more Australian firsts.
We could not have done it without all our loyal customers and the whole team at Net Virtue appreciates your continued business with us.
We hope you have a happy holiday season and come back refreshed for a brand new year ahead.
Chief Executive Officer
November 17, 2014
nvArea 2.0, the latest release of our highly successful client management system is now here for all Net Virtue customers. This is part 1 of a 2 part update to nvArea.
This update primary focuses on design and a complete rewrite of nvArea from bottom up for performance, security and better UI management.
Customers can now enjoy :
- – Search feature for domains, invoices, tickets and hosting services!
- – Improvements to ajax with firewall checker in the background, domain pages and bulk sms messaging.
- – Improved SSL configuration and management
- – Improved interface for tickets with a completely new attachment modules.
- – View CloudLinux resource averages inside nvArea.
- – Complete mobile device support.
- – DNS Presets, a major feature in our Free DNS system which allows easy adding of Google Apps, Office 365, Weebly and SquareSpace records with 1 click.
nvArea 2.1 is scheduled to be released on the 1st of February which will focus more on features, which as always will be the envy of our competitors.
June 10, 2014
At Net Virtue, we’re constantly trying to find new ways of providing a better service to our customers. One of the major points raised by our customers is RBL (realtime black list) issues and finding appropriate ways of mitigating the risk. While we haven’t had many cases of servers being listed on RBL’s, we wanted to help reduce the effects on RBL listings to improve email delivery.
We’ve been investigating techniques, software and hardware solutions to assist with this problem and we’ve implemented the following:
1. Automatic authentication relay blocking when more than 100 emails are sent from outside of Australia. About 30% of spam that is sent from our servers is done via authenticated (knowing your username and password) relay. The new system automatically detects that it’s likely a compromised login and automatically resets your email password and sends an email to advise that it’s been compromised with steps on how to correct the issue in future (using SSL encryption).
2. We’ve installed firewall devices to help filter spam messages that are sent outbound and discard them should it hit a high score, or the destination server be listed on an RBL. We’ve set the values on this server to a value which is great for blocking known spam and blacklisted domains however lets legitimate email go through without a problem. This also allows us to have multiple sending IPs which allows us to remove an IP from the pool should it become blacklisted.
All our servers are currently being rolled out to this new platform and we’re excited to finally stamp out potential future issues with RBL listings.
We are one of a handful of service providers that are offering this service and it’s all free of charge.